Who is ASCA?
The Accredited Snow Contractors Association is a trade association founded by GIE Media, Inc., owners of Snow Magazine. ASCA members are snow and ice management businesses, suppliers of snow and ice equipment, subcontractors performing snow and ice services, and other allied to the field. ASCA was formed with purpose of advancing the professional snow and ice management industry and promote its role in performing high-risk services for society. We encourage snow fighters and snow and ice removal professionals to join the ASCA at www.ascaonline.org.
ASCA's Mission Statement
The Accredited Snow Contractors Association is a trade association with the purpose of advancing the professional snow and ice management industry and to promote its role in performing high-risk services to society including:
- Providing educational programs and publications in all aspects of snow and ice management, finance, business management, marketing and other specialized areas of professional interest;
- Conducting meetings and other programs designed to promote the exchange of ideas among members and to facilitate the conduct of their business;
- Collecting and disseminating information pertaining to the snow and ice management industry, including statistical data and other statistical research;
- Developing and maintaining professional accreditation programs to encourage high standards for snow and ice management professionals;
- Advocating the interest of the snow and ice management industry to local, state/provincial, federal and international governmental bodies;
- Advocating the interests of the snow and ice management industry to insurance companies and allied associations.
ASCA's education represents the culmination of our work with the insurance industry and it is driven by our mission to improve the competitive environment for professional snow and ice management companies. This programming includes risk-based education and supports ASCA's commitment to ensure members have access to the resources that allow them to operate by industry standards, including current risk management practices
ASCA's educational programming is geared for the individual, and allows you, your employees and service providers to achieve "ASCA Certified" status.
- As set forth by ASCA's membership, the annual educational requirements to achieve "ASCA Certified" status include completing 10 continuing education credits online through ASCA, annually.
- At the conclusion of each segment, a short, 10-question quiz is administered to evaluate the overall understanding of the section.
- Once all 10 courses are completed and passed, those individuals, who are ASCA members, will achieve the "ASCA Certified" designation.
Education Committee developed the coursework with extensive input from the insurance industry.
- Insurance and Risk Management education were developed by Mills Insurance Group, LLC for ASCA members.
Access ASCA Courses
Each course is accessed and purchased through the ASCA website.
- To access, enter www.ascaonline.org into your Web browser
- Click on the "Learning Center" menu bar.
- The site will then prompt and guide you through the process of creating a password-protected account.
- A note on password creation, you must use at least one capital letter, one lower case letter and one number.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at (609) 385-1975 or via email.